Cornitos Grilled Paneer Tacos with Salsa Dip Recipe
Flavor Fiesta: Cornitos Grilled Paneer Tacos with Salsa Dip Recipe
Are you ready to embark on a culinary journey that combines the vibrant flavors of Mexico with the rich heritage of Indian cuisine? Look no further than the Cornitos Grilled Paneer Tacos with Salsa Dip—a fusion dish that promises a delightful explosion of tastes and textures in every bite.
In this article, we’ll guide you through the art of crafting these mouthwatering tacos, from grilling the perfectly seasoned paneer to crafting a zesty salsa dip that complements the dish flawlessly. So, let’s get started on this gastronomic adventure that blends the best of both worlds!
To create the Cornitos Grilled Paneer Tacos with Salsa Dip, gather the following ingredients:
For the Grilled Paneer:
- 250 grams of paneer (cottage cheese), cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon of coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of red chili powder (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of fresh cilantro (coriander leaves), chopped
For the Salsa Dip:
- 2 tomatoes, finely diced
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup of fresh corn kernels (you can use boiled corn)
- 1/4 cup of fresh cilantro (coriander leaves), chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 jalapeño pepper, finely chopped (adjust to spice preference)
- Salt and pepper to taste
For Assembling the Tacos:
- 8 Cornitos taco shells (or any taco shells of your choice)
- 1 cup of shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup of grated cheese (cheddar, Monterey Jack, or your preference)
- Sour cream (optional, for garnish)
- Sliced jalapeños (optional, for extra heat)
1. Prepare the Grilled Paneer:
- In a mixing bowl, combine olive oil, cumin powder, coriander powder, red chili powder, turmeric powder, salt, minced garlic, lemon juice, and chopped cilantro.
- Add the paneer cubes to this marinade, ensuring they are well coated. Allow them to marinate for at least 15-20 minutes.
- Heat a grill pan or a regular non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Brush it lightly with olive oil.
- Grill the marinated paneer cubes for about 2-3 minutes on each side or until they develop grill marks and turn golden brown.
- Once done, remove the grilled paneer from the heat and set aside.
2. Prepare the Salsa Dip:
- In a mixing bowl, combine the diced tomatoes, finely chopped onion, fresh corn kernels, chopped cilantro, and finely chopped jalapeño pepper.
- Squeeze the lime juice over the mixture and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss all the ingredients together until well combined. Set aside to let the flavors meld.
3. Assemble the Tacos:
- Warm the taco shells in an oven according to the package instructions. Typically, this involves placing them in a preheated oven for a few minutes.
- To assemble each taco, start by adding a layer of shredded lettuce at the bottom.
- Next, place a generous portion of the grilled paneer cubes on top of the lettuce.
- Sprinkle grated cheese over the paneer to your liking.
- Spoon the zesty salsa dip over the cheese.
- If you prefer some extra heat, add a few sliced jalapeños on top.
- For the finishing touch, you can garnish with a dollop of sour cream if desired.
4. Serve and Enjoy:
- Place your prepared Cornitos Grilled Paneer Tacos on a platter and serve them immediately.
- These tacos are best enjoyed fresh and hot, with the contrasting textures and flavors working their magic on your taste buds.
The Cornitos Grilled Paneer Tacos with Salsa Dip recipe is a celebration of fusion cuisine at its finest. It marries the creamy goodness of Indian paneer with the zesty freshness of Mexican salsa, all wrapped in a crispy taco shell. Whether you’re hosting a party, planning a family dinner, or simply treating yourself to a flavorful meal, these tacos are guaranteed to be a hit.
So, put on your chef’s hat, gather the ingredients, and embark on a culinary adventure that combines the best of two culinary worlds. These tacos will not only tantalize your taste buds but also leave you craving for more of this flavor fiesta!