Lucknow Seekh Hot Dogs Recipe
Lucknowi Seekh Hot Dogs Recipe
Get ready to embark on a gastronomic journey that marries the rich culinary traditions of Lucknow with the universally beloved hot dog. The Lucknowi Seekh Hot Dogs are a delightful fusion of flavors that blend the exquisite taste of Lucknawi seekh kebabs with the comfort of a classic hot dog. In this article, we’ll guide you through crafting this unique and flavorful dish that will surely tantalize your taste buds and transport you to the bustling streets of Lucknow.
To create these mouthwatering Lucknowi Seekh Hot Dogs, you’ll need the following ingredients:
For the Seekh Kebabs:
- 500 grams of minced lamb or chicken (you can also use paneer or mixed vegetables for a vegetarian version)
- 2 tablespoons of besan (gram flour)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 green chilies, finely chopped (adjust to taste)
- 1 teaspoon of ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of garam masala
- 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of red chili powder (adjust to taste)
- Salt to taste
- Fresh cilantro (coriander leaves) and mint leaves, finely chopped
- Wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
For the Hot Dog Assembly:
- Hot dog buns
- Butter or ghee, for toasting the buns
- Sliced onions and tomatoes
- Green chutney (a blend of mint, cilantro, green chilies, and yogurt)
- Tamarind chutney
- Mustard sauce
- Grated cheese (optional)
1. Prepare the Seekh Kebabs:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the minced meat or your chosen substitute with besan, finely chopped onion, green chilies, ginger-garlic paste, cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala, turmeric powder, red chili powder, and salt.
- Mix all the ingredients thoroughly until well combined.
- Take a handful of the mixture and skewer it onto a wooden skewer, shaping it into a cylindrical seekh kebab. Repeat this process with the remaining mixture.
- Heat a grill or a non-stick pan over medium-high heat and brush it lightly with oil.
- Grill the seekh kebabs for about 10-15 minutes, turning them occasionally until they are cooked through and have a nice char.
- Once cooked, remove the seekh kebabs from the skewers and set them aside.
2. Prepare the Hot Dog Assembly:
- Slice the hot dog buns horizontally, but not all the way through, leaving a hinge on one side.
- Lightly butter or ghee-toast the buns on a griddle or in a pan until they turn golden brown.
- Place a grilled seekh kebab in each toasted bun.
- Top the seekh kebab with sliced onions and tomatoes.
- Drizzle green chutney, tamarind chutney, and mustard sauce over the toppings.
- If you like it cheesy, sprinkle some grated cheese on top.
3. Serve and Enjoy:
- Place your Lucknowi Seekh Hot Dogs on a serving platter and serve them immediately.
- These hot dogs are best enjoyed fresh, with the aromatic flavors of Lucknow blending seamlessly with the comfort of a classic hot dog.
The Lucknowi Seekh Hot Dogs are a culinary masterpiece that bridges the gap between tradition and innovation. They bring the mouthwatering flavors of Lucknowi seekh kebabs to the familiarity of a hot dog, resulting in a unique and utterly delicious fusion. Whether you’re hosting a backyard barbecue, planning a family meal, or simply craving a delightful twist on a classic, these hot dogs are sure to impress.
So, gather your ingredients, fire up the grill, and embark on a culinary adventure that combines the rich heritage of Lucknow with the convenience of a hot dog. Your taste buds will thank you for this flavorful journey into the heart of Lucknow’s culinary traditions.