Nutella French Toast Recipe
Nutella French Toast Recipe – Breakfast Bliss in Every Bite
If there’s one breakfast dish that combines the best of both worlds—creamy, dreamy Nutella and golden, fluffy French toast—it’s the Nutella French Toast. This delightful recipe is the epitome of indulgence and comfort, perfect for a lazy weekend brunch or a special occasion treat. In this article, we’ll guide you through the art of creating this mouthwatering dish, step by step, so you can savor the heavenly fusion of chocolate-hazelnut goodness and classic French toast.
To prepare this heavenly Nutella French Toast, gather the following ingredients:
For the French Toast:
- 6 slices of thick-cut bread (Challah or brioche work wonderfully)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup of whole milk
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon (optional)
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- Maple syrup (for serving)
For the Nutella Filling:
- Nutella hazelnut spread
For Garnish (Optional):
- Sliced strawberries, bananas, or any favorite fruits
- Whipped cream
- Chopped nuts (hazelnuts, almonds, or walnuts)
- Powdered sugar
1. Prepare the Nutella French Toast Filling:
- Start by spreading a generous layer of Nutella hazelnut spread on half of the bread slices. Ensure that the Nutella covers the bread evenly but doesn’t ooze out.
- Top each Nutella-covered slice with another slice to create Nutella-filled sandwich pairs. Press gently to seal them.
2. Make the French Toast Batter:
- In a shallow dish or bowl, whisk together the eggs, whole milk, pure vanilla extract, ground cinnamon (if using), and a pinch of salt until well combined.
3. Dip and Soak:
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter. Allow it to melt and coat the pan evenly.
- Dip each Nutella-filled sandwich into the egg mixture, ensuring both sides are coated but not overly soaked.
4. Cook the French Toast:
- Place the dipped sandwiches onto the preheated skillet or griddle. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until they turn golden brown and the Nutella inside begins to melt.
- Use the remaining 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter to coat the skillet or griddle before flipping the sandwiches if needed.
5. Serve and Garnish:
- Once the Nutella French Toast is beautifully golden and crispy on the outside and the Nutella inside is gooey and tempting, remove them from the skillet.
- Place the Nutella French Toast on a serving plate and garnish with your choice of toppings, such as sliced strawberries, bananas, whipped cream, chopped nuts, or a dusting of powdered sugar.
6. Drizzle and Delight:
- Drizzle the Nutella French Toast with maple syrup just before serving to add a touch of sweetness that complements the Nutella perfectly.
7. Serve Hot and Enjoy:
- Serve your Nutella French Toast hot, as the Nutella filling will be at its most luscious and gooey state.
Nutella French Toast is an indulgent breakfast treat that will undoubtedly brighten your mornings and satisfy your sweet cravings. The creamy, nutty goodness of Nutella combined with the comforting warmth of French toast creates a harmony of flavors and textures that’s simply irresistible.
Whether you’re whipping up a special breakfast for a loved one or treating yourself to a little breakfast luxury, this recipe delivers breakfast bliss in every bite. So, fire up the griddle, spread that Nutella generously, and create a breakfast experience that will leave you craving more. Enjoy the magic of Nutella French Toast, and savor the delicious moments it brings to your table!